Part Time 20hrs/wk Program Coordinator
Jordan Porco Foundation – Wethersfield, CT
The mission of the Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF) is to prevent suicide, promote mental health, and create a message of hope for young adults.
The Jordan Porco Foundation is seeking a qualified Part Time Program Coordinator, responsible for the detailed coordination of all major programs of the Jordan Porco Foundation, with an essential concentration on program outreach and expansion. The Program Coordinator will support the mission and direction of JPF and will represent the organization in a professional manner. This position reports to the Director of Programs and work out of the Wethersfield office location.
Due to the job expectations of this position, time flexibility is desired.
- Develops and executes JPF’s program expansion strategy in collaboration with key staff
- Cultivates new relationships and opportunities for programmatic growth
- Maintains thorough contact records in the CRM database and meets weekly entry benchmarks
- Identifies appropriate presentation and vendor opportunities for large scale outreach (includes school meetings, state presentations, and national conferences)
- Attends program-related events, meetings, and conferences to facilitate program growth and relationship building, as needed
- Delivers informative, engaging, and professional presentations on JPF program opportunities in a variety of settings (includes web/phone conferences, small group meetings, large group workshops/conferences, etc.)
- Regularly creates, updates, and improves program presentation materials (PowerPoints, letters, etc.) and tailors materials and handouts to meet the needs and interests of changing audiences
- Manages a caseload of active program participants to ensure quality planning and implementation of all JPF programs
- Executes procedures related to enrolling new program participants and renewing existing participants
- Participates in continuous quality improvement practices related to outreach procedures and program implementation
- Communicates in a clear, professional, and timely manner with JPF staff and program participants/prospects
- Attends bi-weekly staff and programs team meetings
- Performs other duties as needed, especially as they relate to seasonal events and community engagement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Some knowledge of middle/high school and college organizational structure
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and/or the ability to quickly learn these and other computer programs
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Pitch/sales/presentation experience
- Comfortable and experienced in networking and relationship building
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and job responsibilities
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Must be a self-starter, able to perform efficiently with limited direction
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with CRM database management, or ability to learn quickly
- Event management
- Working knowledge of suicide prevention and mental health
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- Experience with social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
**MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused
This position directly supports program development at various event locations and limited travel may be required.
Participation at these events may be required and a positive and enthusiastic attitude is expected.
This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to be considered. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
There are currently no internship opportunities with the Jordan Porco Foundation. Please check back regularly for updates. Thank you for your interest.
The Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF) is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis (protected class) including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender.
“The Federal Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.” -Federal Government EEO Statement